The Aerospace Global Forum has unveiled its five-day headline main stage programme and Pioneers of Change, with Net Zero placed at the epicentre of the agenda, taking place 18-22 July in tandem with the Farnborough International Airshow.
Global industry leaders, chief executives, government professionals and climate change experts, will be discussing and debating future-focused topics, and sharing best practices and insights across seven core themes: Space, Future Flight, Defence, Sustainability, Innovation, Future Workforce and Financing The Future on the main stage. AGF provides an exclusive opportunity for trailblazers and c-suite professionals, all with the unified purpose to drive actionable change and accelerate transition to net zero, to convene and take the step as a global ecosystem.
The Headline AGF programme includes:
Immediate Action At Every Altitude – The AGF opening session focuses on the need for immediate action now for the aerospace and defence industry, post COP26, at every altitude and across all domains.
• Guillaume Faury, CEO, Airbus
• Dr Josef Aschbacher, Director General, ESA
Accelerating Sustainable Aviation & Targeting True Zero – As airlines search for ways to reduce their impact on climate, sustainable aviation fuels and new propulsion technologies have the potential to significantly reduce carbon emissions. But what is needed to mature and scale technologies?
• Professor Rob Miller, Chair in Aerothermal Technology and Director, Whittle Lab
• Laia Barbara, Community Lead, Sustainable Aviation, WEF
• Willie Walsh, CEO, IATA
• Warren East, CEO, Rolls Royce
• Jim Hileman, Chief Scientific and Technical Advisor for Environment and Energy, FAA
Decarbonizing Aviation – Bringing Together An Ecosytem – Our industry made a clear pledge at COP26. Yet, the plan to achieve Net Zero in time has gaps. From uncertainty on the technology roadmap, to funding the transition, and keeping travel affordable, industry leaders will debate the right path forward.
• Robin Riedel, Partner - Center for Future Mobility, McKinsey & Co.
• JoeBen Bevirt, Founder and CEO, Joby Aviation
How should the Defence sector respond to climate change? – The panel will focus on skills of defence innovation, climate resilience and sustainability and the responsibility of defence to show leadership within environmental and sustainability initiatives as well as an obligation to manage defence assets.
• James Clare, Director of Climate Change and Sustainability, UK MOD
• Charles Woodburn, CEO, BAE Systems
Industry 4.0: The Need For Speed – This session will discuss how the benefits of advanced manufacturing can drive faster turnaround times, more sustainable business practices, and better performance across aerospace and defence.
• Tom Gentile, CEO, Spirit AeroSystems
Ecosystems Thinking - Hyper-Scaling For Change – Led by CIONET, this session will see industry leaders from various sectors, including space, energy, retail, start-ups, technology government, and academia to discuss how to exploit technology as a key enabler to drive ESG goals.
• Roger Camrass, Research Director, CIONET International
• Stuart Birrell, CIO, EasyJet
• Elena Avesani, Global Sustainability Director - Head of Sustainability Strategy EMEA, Oracle
• Keric Morris, Executive Partner, Global Sustainability Strategy and UK Sustainability Team Lead, IBM
• Maureen Wedderburn, Non Exec Chair, Medicines Manufacturing Innovation Centre Supervisory Board, CPI
Innovation Driving The Future Of Flight – This panel discussion will explore how innovation, technology, operations, regulations, policy, public attitudes, and a shared global goal can change the way we fly and help tackle climate change.
• Kerissa Khan MRAeS, President Elect 2022-23, RAeS
• Ben Diachun, CTO, Supernal
• Professor Fern Elsdon-Baker, Director Research Institute for STEMM in Culture and Society
Leading The Future Workforce: Why Addressing Skills Gap & Culture Must A Be A Priority – Enthusing the future leaders and retaining, developing and attract high performance talent into organisation is crucial. In this session we will unpack the core leadership skills needed to lead successful digital transformations and pinch points on the road to accelerated NetZero boy 2030.
• Tristan Crawford, CEO, AERALIS
More speakers and sessions, as well as the full unpack programme, to be announced next week. The full headline programme can be viewed here.
Conference Pass details: AGF Daily Advance Bundles start from £293 + vat including daily access to the world-class Farnborough International Airshow, as well as the AGF headline panel sessions and Q&A and AGF unpack sessions, networking opportunities and industry insights, reports and master classes.
Limited tickets available. Buy your pass today.
To register for your press pass or enquire about media opportunities and interviews, please contact Georgia Ward, Revive Marketing & PR Consultancy: [email protected]